The Leadership School at Kieve-Wavus Education Inc. places Educators in local schools along the coast of Maine every winter. As Educators in Residence (EIR), we have the opportunity to take our Leadership School principles and incorporate them into the school communities we serve. Every school has different needs, and every EIR brings a unique style of mentorship and skills. For information on The Leadership School model of experiential education or Great Salt Bay Community School, visit the links in the menu at the top of the page.
At Great Salt Bay Community School, I will have the opportunity to work with K-8 assisting in classrooms, running team building activities, and helping students get involved in creative project-based-learning.
Here is where I will be the first few weeks:
- Teaching intro to Spanish with 1st and 2nd grade
- Team-building with 5th and 6th graders
- Active team-building activities with 1st grade
- Outdoor skills with 7th and 8th grade
- Algebra enrichment with 8th grade
- Forest Fridays with Kindergarten
- Reading and writing focus with K, 1st, 2nd, and 5th grades
- Helping in the art classroom
- Facilitating themed lunches
- Playing at recess